Sunday, February 23, 2014

Snapshot 2- "Appropriation"

Artists develop art making skills 
I added some free hand lettering with the title "Breakfast at Tiffany's" to the blank space in my canvas. It has been a whole since I last painted, so winging the lettering was difficult and time consuming, but I'm really happy with the end result!

Artists collaborate 
I still relied on the opinions of my table and Mr. Sands for deciding to change some major elements I had originally planned for my piece. They helped me come up with the more stylistically appealing donut instead of the bacon, which I think will end up working much better.
Artists solve problems
When I realized that the bacon wasn't working well as far as positioning and aesthetics, I was very troubled with howbto complete the piece while incorporating appropriation. I am unexpectedly going with a donut instead of bacon, because it fills the space and looks better with the piece over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment